Sadie...? Cậu có bao giờ cảm thấy cô đơn... Ngay cả khi mọi người vẫn ở quanh cậu?
Lars là gầy và hơi cao.. Mái tóc nâu xoăn, màu cam nâu của anh ta được tạo thành một loại mohawk. Anh thường mặc một chiếc áo sơ mi dài tay màu xám trắng với một chiếc áo màu xanh lá cây thể thao với thiết kế rắn dọc theo nó cùng với một chiếc quần jeans màu xám xé rách. Liên quan đến đôi giày của mình, Lars thường được nhìn thấy đeo bạc hà và đôi giày cao gót màu xanh đậm. Tại Big Donut, đồng phục công việc của anh ấy là một chiếc áo thun tím với thiết kế bánh rán một nửa được mặc trên một chiếc áo sơ mi dài tay màu kem nhạt.
Trong "Joking Victim", Lars được nhìn thấy mặc một chiếc áo thun nâu mật ong với một con bọ cạp màu tím đỏ, nó là một tham chiếu khi Buck Dewey nói với Lars rằng con rắn trên áo của anh ta "khó chịu" trong "Lars và Cool Kids ". Trong "Câu lạc bộ kinh dị", anh ta mang phích cắm sọ trong đồng hồ và đặt một chiếc áo sơ mi dài tay màu đen với áo khoác màu đỏ cũng được thấy trong "Lars and the Cool Kids". Trong tập phim thí điểm, Lars mặc một chiếc áo màu xám với cổ áo cá hồi và quần dài màu đen.
Lars has a bit of a mean personality which he uses to hide his low self-esteem, which is shown to have been carried over from his childhood, as seen in "Horror Club". As a result, he routinely ridicules Steven, who is an easy target. He likes to aggravate him by discrediting the Crystal Gems, although he might just be jealous that Steven gets to hang out with "a bunch of hot girls" as mentioned in the "Pilot". Like many Beach City citizens, Lars is aware of Steven's powers, but he does not think much of them; It is worth noting that this too could be a facade. Lars can be immature and thoughtless at times, such as when he disrespects Steven's mother, Rose Quartz, in "Lars and the Cool Kids". More often than not, Steven either misses or ignores Lars' taunts because he believes he is a good person deep down. Lars is also a slacker, a trait that is highlighted in "Joking Victim", in which he fakes a back injury to get out of work. Sadie has mentioned that Lars has tendencies to turn up late to work and clock out early, as shown in "Lion 3: Straight to Video". Lars has a strong desire to fit in and cares deeply about how others view him, especially the cool kids. Despite his rude façade, he seems to have a bit of a soft side that has been brought out time and time again by Sadie and Steven.
Các mối quan hệ
Lars works with Sadie at the Big Donut. They are often seen at Beach City events and gatherings together, as seen in "Tiger Millionaire" and at the end of "Steven and the Stevens". Sadie has a crush on Lars since long before the events of "Island Adventure", but he is never aware of it. In "Island Adventure", they grow closer and end up making out briefly until Steven, unaware of the inherent intimacy and privacy of the situation, awkwardly interrupts them and ruins the moment. In subsequent episodes, he seems to return Sadie's feelings as he is visibly uncomfortable and showed signs of jealousy when Ronaldo got along well with Sadie in "Horror Club". In "The New Lars", Lars rejects Sadie's offer to hang out with her after their job. When questioned why he does this by Steven, Lars says that he does not like Sadie romantically and if she thinks that, "that's her problem". Later on after Lars finds out that Steven (in Lars' body) confessed his love to Sadie, he immediately questions Sadie's response in an excited tone. Sadie comes into the Big Donut, and Lars asks if she wants to come by to his house, and she accepts, leaving Steven to know that the two are in love.
In early episodes, Lars appears to be annoyed by Steven because he sees him as a little kid that cramps his "cool teenager style". Steven is oblivious to this fact and, as younger kids often do, looks up to the older and cooler Lars and wants desperately to be his friend. He even goes so far as to call him his "BFF" in "Bubble Buddies", despite Lars blatantly making fun of and teasing him. In "Future Vision" Steven does not mind risking getting third-degree burns all over his body for a slim chance of receiving a high-five from Lars. However, he once became angry with Lars and called him a jerk for insulting his mother. As of "Lars and the Cool Kids", Lars and Steven find a way to connect and Lars is seemingly on better terms with Steven, having not insulted him since.
In "Horror Club", Lars and Ronaldo are seen to be childhood friends, but their relationship becomes strained after Ronaldo takes a picture of Lars being hit in the face by a board in a Gem-possessed lighthouse which sends him flying. Ronaldo wants to release the photo to media as proof of the paranormal; however, Lars is embarrassed by the photo, worried about what others would think of him, and tears up the photo, much to the dismay of Ronaldo, which leads to their falling out. Lars seems still to be bothered by this event, as he is described by Ronaldo to be "emotionally disturbed".
Lars desperately wants to be friends with the "cool kids" and finds anything that they do or say to be cool/hilarious. He will even change his opinion based solely on what they think, even though they do not seem to be bothered by differing opinions. When they first meet, the "cool kids" only tolerate Lars because he is friends with Steven in the episode "Lars and the Cool Kids"; however, they gradually came to accept Lars into their group of friends. They are later seen happily hanging out with him in "Joking Victim" and Jenny thanked him for inviting them over. They are also seen together during the Beach-a-Palooza in the episode "Sadie's Song".
Not much is shown of Lars' relationship with his parents, but they are shown to be generally supportive despite his poor attitude which they try to talk to him about. It is implied that whenever they talk to him about his grades, he would loudly yell at them, possibly swearing. While they love their son, when it appeared that he is robbing Steven's house they are shocked but ultimately not surprised.
Các tập xuất hiện
Tin bên lề
- Along with Sadie, Lars is one of the first human characters to be shown in either the main series or the pilot.
- Lars, Sadie, and Steven are the only people that have been seen working at the Big Donut.
- He is sometimes antagonistic towards Steven and Sadie, but he is not technically an "antagonist".
- Lars and Sadie were some of Rebecca Sugar's first characters, made while she attended college.
- Lars was originally designed with black hair and a darker skin tone.
- On the Steven Universe Character Page on cartoonnetwork.com, it says in Lars' description that he is a "High School Slacker", implying that he is currently in high school.
- This is sighted in "The New Lars".
- Lars không thích khoai tây chiên, as revealed in "Frybo".
- Lars attends Beach City's underground wrestling arena with Sadie.
- Rebecca Sugar has confirmed that Lars is banned from the local video game store in Beach City. This is also confirmed by Sadie in the episode "Joking Victim".
- In "Island Adventure", Lars demonstrates a decent ability to cook food.
- It has been implied that Lars might have a relationship with Sadie that is beyond friendship since they kissed and had a falling out in "Island Adventure".
- In "Horror Club", Lars still has feelings for Sadie as he tries to gain her attention to the annoyance of Ronaldo and Steven.
- Ian Jones-Quartey stated that Lars is not white.
- His true first name appears to be "Laramie", as he is called by Martha and Dante in "The New Lars", meaning that "Lars" is a self-given nickname.
- It's revealed in "The New Lars" that he sleeps naked.