♫ Tôi sẽ chiến đấu nhân danh Rose Quartz, và những gì mà cô ấy tin tưởng! ♫
|—"We are the Crystal Gems"|
Pearl (tiếng Việt là Ngọc Trai) là một thành viên của Crystal Gems. Pearl là một trong những đá quý cuối cùng còn sống trên Trái Đất từng gia nhập Crystal Gems trong cuộc nổi loạn chống lại Homeworld. Sau đó, Pearl bảo vệ Trái Đất cùng bạn của mình suốt hàng nghìn năm sau và hướng dẫn Steven theo cách của đá quý.
Ngoại hìnhPearl has a slender, thin build, ivory skin, sky-blue eyes, a pointed nose and thin lips. She is quite tall for a non-fusion Gem; towering over Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Peridot, and Steven alike. She is nearly equal height (with hair) to Garnet's chin. Her hair has a peach-pink color and resembles a pixie-cut in the front, while in the back, her hair leads to a point. Pearl is usually drawn without eyelashes or pupils, although they have been seen in some (or a select few) close-ups. Pearl's gemstone is located in the middle of her forehead and has no facets.
Trước khi tái tạo(lần đầu xuất hiện)
Pearl wore a sleeveless, sky blue top that had a translucent chest and transferred into a transparent silk ballet skirt around her waist. Pearl wore short salmon pink-colored leggings, light-green socks, and slip-on ballet flats to match.
Sau khi tái tạo (hiện tại)
As of "Steven the Sword Fighter", Pearl wears an aqua-blue tunic-leotard with a small gold star on the center of her chest and a lighter satin sash ribbon around her upper waist. Her leggings are amber-colored. Pearl wears pink socks with pale blue slip-on ballet flats (as described in the "Guide to the Crystal Gems").
Pearl như một Samurai. Cô ấy, như là, vô cùng chuẩn xác.
Pearl là một người cầu toàn với hiểu biết sâu rộng trên rất nhiều vấn đề. Cô có thiên hướng về sự đối xứng ( đâm giáo xuyên qua M.C. Bear Bear để giữ sự đối xứng ) và khá chú ý tiểu tiết.
Mặc dù vậy, Pearl bị coi là có giá trị thấp. theo lời Pearl trong "Friend Ship" cô phải phụ thuộc vào người khác để trở nên mạnh mẽ hơn , suy nghĩ này làm Pearl có mặc cảm . Theo Amethyst trong " Reformed " cô cần được mọi người khen ngợi để cảm thấy tự tin. Nếu không có một ai nói cô phải làm gì hay phụ thuộc vào cô, Pearl đều cảm thấy mình không có giá trị gì. Pearl thừa nhận bình thường cô cực kỳ yếu và/hoặc vô dụng khi so sánh với những người nhìn trông khá hơn cô, going so far as to describe herself as ineffective on her own; always in need of a leader she can follow. Her self-deprecating tendencies stem from the Homeworld caste values, where pearls are viewed as property rather than Gems. This has led her to take drastic actions to prove herself — though, thanks to Garnet's encouragement in "Friend Ship", she has started to take initiatives instead of letting other's words define Pearl herself. It appears Pearl has taken this to her heart, as she asserted herself against Peridot when she treated Pearl in a degrading tone. Pearl even goes as far as physically punching Peridot to show that she is an individual, not a piece of property.
Pearl is easily flustered and overwhelmed when confronted by the unknown or when her plans fail, which can lead to her judgment being clouded or cause her to act on impulse instead of rational thinking. Her inner turmoil over her love for Rose (and her subsequent absence) has made Pearl lash out at Steven and the Crystal Gems more than once. Her fierce desire to feel "strong" and have more victories as a Crystal Gem even caused her to betray Garnet's trust and basic principles so they could keep forming Sardonyx. When realizing how much she hurt others, Pearl will apologize and try as hard as she can to set things right, working hard to counteract the damage she may have inflicted.
Out of all the Crystal Gems, Pearl is the most poorly adjusted to life on Earth, being unaware of human social conventions and culture, such as jokes, games, arcades, food, and birthday parties. Pearl has expressed a great desire to leave Earth in "Space Race", going so far as to risk her and Steven's lives. Pearl also has a pessimistic view of humanity, as evidenced by her statement in "Keep Beach City Weird". Though, in "Political Power", she claimed to have been around during the millennium when humans lived without any light, and was aware that they used to hunt and gather. She appeared quite surprised that they did not do that anymore. In "Last One Out of Beach City", Pearl takes her turn at trying to build a normal, human social life in the hopes of impressing Steven and Amethyst, voluntarily joining them in going to a show, and drinking beverages. By the end Pearl even approached the mysterious girl that had appeared repeatedly throughout the episode, whom Pearl seemed infatuated with.
Loài người sống một cuộc sống ngắn ngủi, tẻ nhạt, tầm thường, nên họ bịa ra những câu chuyện để khiến mình như là một phần của cái gì đó vĩ đại hơn. Họ đổ hết mọi vấn đề trên thế giới lên một kẻ thù mà họ có thể đấu tranh, thay vì một mạng lưới phức tạp của những thế lực không liên quan mà không ai có thể điều khiển được.
|—"Keep Beach City Weird"|
Despite her pessimistic perspective of humans, Pearl is extremely dedicated to her cause in protecting humanity more or less out of her love, loyalty, and admiration for Rose Quartz. She does, however, find certain aspects of Earth rather amazing. Regardless of her poor understanding of human society, she is able to pay for the Cookie Cats Amethyst and Garnet steal in "Gem Glow", drive Greg's van in "Ocean Gem", and repair it in "House Guest". She also watches the New Year's Eve fireworks show in "Maximum Capacity".
In "Back to the Barn", it is revealed that pearls are not created for fighting, but for following orders. However, Pearl trained to fight with Rose. Peridot also describes pearls as accessories that are meant to be put on display as status symbols and to perform menial tasks, although Pearl's appearance fits this standard.
Aside from her pessimism and perfectionism, Pearl is usually polite and reserved to others; she keeps everything set orderly and tidy. Her obsessive attention to tidiness is explained in "Back to the Barn" when it is revealed that pearls are made-to-order servants and are created to "hold stuff" for their masters.
Các khả năng
Chị là một Đá quý đa tài. Cống hiến cho sự thật chỉ là một trong số chúng.
Pearl possesses traits and abilities that are common among all Gems.
Throughout the series, Pearl has been shown to have knowledge in multiple aspects of technology, from fixing Greg's Van, making a semi-functioning spacecraft out of leftover machine parts, creating a functional robot to battle Peridot, to fixing Peridot's Escape Pod and even reverse-engineering it to track Peridot's Warp Pad movements. In "Back to the Barn", it is implied that Pearl's engineering skills are mostly self-taught much to Peridot's astonishment.
While Pearl is lithe and quite graceful, she has surprising resilience to injury. In "Coach Steven", she took a headbutt from Sugilite and could still move, given Steven's encouragement. In "On the Run", she took an explosion from Amethyst's whip directly and recovered almost immediately after being briefly immobilized and scratched.
In "Historical Friction", she mentions that one of her talents is a dedication to fact. She has shown this skill in the past while displaying examples using her holograms. Her immortality and attention to detail have allowed her to recall historical events as they truly happened, such as the beginning of the Crystal Gems' rebellion and the founding of Beach City.
- Khi hợp thể với Amethyst, tạo thành Opal.
- Khi hợp thể với Rose Quartz, tạo thành Rainbow Quartz.
- Khi hợp thể với Ruby và Sapphire (hay Garnet), tạo thành Sardonyx.
- Khi hợp thể với Ruby, Sapphire (hay Garnet), và Amethyst, tạo thành Alexandrite.
- Spear Proficiency: Through her many years of training, Pearl can summon her weapon, a pearlescent spear. Pearl is very skilled in the art of spear-wielding and goes in tandem with her pattern of fighting that involves formal (Ballet) dancing. She moves gracefully and swiftly, attacking with grace and poise. She stays calm and collected during melee battles, duels, and skirmishes. Pearl also has great skill in throwing her spear. This was proven in "Giant Woman", and "Beach Party". As of "Bismuth", Pearl's spear has been upgraded to be able to turn into a trident.
- Dual Wielding: Pearl is capable of wielding dual spears in battle, implying she is ambidextrous.
- Energy Projection: Pearl can fire arrow-like blasts of energy from the tip of her spear. This can be done as rapid-fire, or charged to unleash a more powerful blast. In Attack the Light, this ability is named "Fireball".
- Swordsmanship: Pearl possesses expert knowledge and skill with a sword. For one on one dueling, Pearl's preferred weapon is a straight-bladed sabre. Pearl's parries are tight and minimalist; her offense is a pattern that is specific to the environment. This pattern consists of lunges, thrusts, and horizontal slashes.
- Engineering: On multiple occasions, Pearl has demonstrated a high level of skill in mechanical engineering, ranging from reverse-engineering Flask Robonoids to constructing a combat-ready robot on short notice. She also constructed a rocket in an attempt to leave Earth, proving herself able to compete with an "expert" mechanic such as Peridot.
- Gem-tech Interfacing: While not to the extent of Peridot, she is first shown in "Jail Break" and later shown in "Friend Ship", able to interface and control Gem technology such as the Gem Warship and, to a greater extent, Peridot's escape pod. When she interfaces with Gem-tech, her eyes become overlapped with what looks like programming code.
- Driving: Pearl is the only known Gem to be able to drive a car, as she has driven Greg's Van before. In Last One Out of Beach City, she has shown herself to be an extremely skilled racer.
- Water-Walking: Pearl can walk on water, an ability she shares with Opal, Lion, and Lapis Lazuli.
- Photokinesis: Pearl can use her gemstone to light up dark places. Garnet, Eyeball, Doc, and Peridot share the same ability.
- Levitation: Pearl temporarily levitates to battle Sugilite in "Coach Steven". She shares this ability with the other Crystal Gems including Steven.
- Item Summon: Pearl can materialize different items out of her gemstone. The three items summoned so far were police tape in "Lars and the Cool Kids", the Mirror in "Mirror Gem" and bandages in "Sworn to the Sword".
- Holographic Projection: Pearl can project holographic images from her gemstone, which she uses mainly as a visual aid when lecturing Steven. While most of the holograms seem to be intangible, some, like Holo-Pearl, can interact with solid matter. Furthermore, the holograms can function without Pearl's presence up to two weeks, implying that her holograms can live independently. In "Chille Tid", it is shown Pearl's dreams are projected as holograms as she sleeps.
- Self-Duplication: Aside from Holo-Pearls, which is projected through her gemstone, Pearl can also replicate herself several times into hologram-esque clones of herself, as seen in "Beach Party".
- Psammokinesis: Pearl is shown manipulating a small amount of sand to create figurines in "Giant Woman". It is currently unknown how much sand she can control at one time. This ability has only been shown once so far. Like her water-walking, it seems to be related thematically to her gemstone (pearl).
- Nephelokinesis: In "Sworn to the Sword", Pearl can channel clouds in the direction of her choice, being able to gather clouds surrounding the arena around her to create a fine mist, reducing visibility and able to quickly dissipate. However, it's not known if she can do this in other locations. It's possible that both this power and her psammokinesis are just manifestations of weak telekinetic abilities.
Các công cụ
- Kiếm: In "Together Breakfast", Pearl retrieves a sword that she accused Amethyst of stealing, but it was later revealed that it fell down the waterfall that starts in her room.
- Inside Pearl's room located on the top of the main (middle) waterfall summons a vast collection of swords in her room consisting of cutlasses, Persian Talwars, and sabers.
- Pearl's preferred sword when teaching sword fighting lessons is a standard Adult Training Saber, as seen with Connie and Steven.
- Rìu chiến (chỉ được nhắc đén): In "Onion Trade", Pearl demands Amethyst to reveal the location of her battleaxe.
- Đũa nhân bản (formerly): In the same episode, Pearl has a wand that would make identical copies of any physical object. However, Garnet destroys it because she does not want to destroy individually/poof the thousands of Dave G.U.Y.S., cars and other objects/junk that Onion made.
Các tập xuất hiện
Các mối quan hệ
Điều quan trọng là Steven vui là được.
Pearl như là một người mẹ đối với Steven. Cô thích dạy Steven về lịch sử và văn hóa về Đá quý, cũng như nghệ thuật đấu kiếm.
As opposed to Garnet's more pragmatic and Amethyst's more fun-loving personalities, Pearl acts as a mentor. She always tries to speak gently to him and is usually the first to show concern when taking him on a dangerous mission. However, in "Space Race", she allows her own interest in returning to space to cloud her better judgement despite trying to attain her original goal of showing Steven the cosmos.
Pearl also tends to patronize Steven and frequently underestimates his abilities, expressing maternal feelings towards him and treating him like a fragile child rather than a fellow Crystal Gem, although over time she does respect the fact he is growing up. She is surprised to find that Steven is able to summon his shield in "Gem Glow", return to normal after transforming his fingers into cats in "Cat Fingers", think of strategies to escape the obstacles that they encounter in "Cheeseburger Backpack", as well as the Pyramid Temple in "Serious Steven". Pearl occasionally ignores Steven, such as when he brings up the idea of everyone eating breakfast together in "Together Breakfast". She also does not feel that Steven is prepared to learn about the dark side of Gem history, when she tells Amethyst that Steven "isn't ready" to learn about the harsher reputation of Gems in "On the Run". In "Sworn to the Sword", it is shown Pearl's maternal feelings towards Steven stems from her love and admiration for Rose Quartz, and she views Steven as a crucial asset to the Crystal Gems.
Despite recent events and her guilt, she is shown to support Steven and his endeavors in "Historical Friction". She compliments him on his wisdom when he says the flaws and working through them are important to anyone. She helps rewrite the play to be more accurate and is the only Gem to watch it, being ecstatic to see Steven onstage.
Cậu là Đá quý độc nhất. Cậu điều khiển số phận của mình. Không phải, không phải Rose, không phải Steven. Nhưng cậu phải lựa chọn trở nên mạnh mẽ, để chúng ta có thể lại bước tiếp. Để tớ có thể tin tưởng cậu lần nữa.
|—Garnet, "Friend Ship"|
Like the other Gems, Pearl respects and follows Garnet's orders without question. She does, however, believe that the Gems are a team and so may not exactly see Garnet as the leader, most likely because she will always see Rose Quartz as leader despite her absence. When situations are requiring executive decisions, however, Pearl usually defers to Garnet. In "Secret Team", it is clear that she shares an unprecedented fear towards her, along with Amethyst, to such an extent that both she and Amethyst willingly set aside their differences to keep the popped Gem-bubble a secret instead of facing the consequences. She has known about her true identity as a fusion for several thousand years. In "Cry for Help", it is apparent that Pearl looks up to Garnet as she is excited to fuse into Sardonyx to destroy the Communication Hub that Peridot rebuilt. Pearl enjoyed fusing with Garnet so much that she rebuilt the Communication Hub twice so she and Garnet could just fuse into Sardonyx resulting in Garnet's anger and temporary estrangement for the deception. In "Friend Ship", Pearl repaired her relationship with Garnet, making peace with her insecurities in the process. She is shown to idolize Garnet, or rather Ruby and Sapphire's relationship, as in that same episode she claims that they are the perfect relationship, and she wanted to fuse so badly because she craved being a part of a stable relationship.
Pearl has not been shown interacting with either Ruby or Sapphire individually. However, during "Keystone Motel", Ruby is greatly angered by Pearl's trickery regarding the Communication Hub, whereas Sapphire is more willing to forgive. This conflict led to Garnet temporarily defusing.
In the episode "The Answer", Pearl and Ruby/Sapphire are on opposing sides (in fact, Pearl is about to "poof" Sapphire before Ruby's intervention). Ironically, Pearl's actions resulted in Garnet's creation and her (and by extension Ruby and Sapphire) joining the Crystal Gems. Also, in the Episode "Hit the Diamond", Pearl seems delighted to see Ruby and Sapphire when they unfuse from Garnet.
Tớ hi vọng cậu có thể tha thứ cho tớ...Cậu là thứ tốt đẹp nhất đến từ nơi này, tớ luôn nghĩ cậu tự hào vì điều đó .
|—"On the Run"|
The two used to share a strained relationship, which was likely due to their contrasting personalities. Pearl is often seen scolding Amethyst, who often teases Pearl in return. However, Pearl and Amethyst have been shown to be able to put their differences aside on multiple occasions to work together. For example, in "Secret Team", Pearl and Amethyst are forced to fight together, and complement each other's skills, even sharing appreciative smiles; in "Warp Tour", they praise and admire each other's fighting techniques; in "On the Run", the two reveal that they really do deeply care about each other, despite their differences and frequent fights. In "Story for Steven" they are shown having a much closer relationship before the events of the series, close enough to be perfectly content hugging and resting in each other's arms. It can be assumed that Rose's departure and Steven's birth somehow lead to their relationship deteriorating over time, as Amethyst implies that they used to fuse more often in "Giant Woman". Their relationship seems to have been slowly improving over the course of the series. In "Log Date 7 15 2" it is shown that it has improved enough for them to form Opal with little effort. In "Know Your Fusion", Pearl hugs Amethyst and tells her that she is amazed at what Smoky Quartz was able to do with their yo-yo, and lets Amethyst know how good an influence she has been on Steven, while Amethyst blushes. In "Last One Out of Beach City", Pearl is eager to go to the rock concert with Amethyst after Greg has to cancel the show due to a previous request from Barbara to play cards with her and Vidalia. In the same episode, Amethyst compliments Pearl about how hardcore and cool she is, and is also shown to be concerned that Pearl might get rejected by the mysterious woman.
Greg rất... tốt bụng, Steven, nhưng chị không nghĩ Rose lại tin tưởng một người như ông ấy với một vũ khí mạnh như vậy.
|—"Laser Light Cannon"|
She is on speaking terms with Greg and has shown to at least try to be civil towards him, even fixing his van after it is wrecked in "Ocean Gem". In "House Guest" she is anxious about him living with the Crystal Gems, and she is usually the first (and often the only one) of the Crystal Gems to get irritated or even mad at him as shown in "The Message". Because of Pearl's close relationship with Rose Quartz, it is possible that her negative view of Greg stems from her blaming him for his part in Rose's "death" in giving birth to Steven, much like she harbors a similar resentment towards Steven as revealed in "Rose's Scabbard".
In "Reformed", however, the two are seen casually tinkering with his van together and seemingly getting along very well, showing an improvement of their relationship.
The episode "We Need to Talk" further explores their relationship in the past when Rose was still alive. Pearl is shown to be very jealous of Rose's new-found affection for him and goes to great lengths of trying to challenge him and dissuade him from pursuing a relationship with Rose. This, combined with the fact that she sees Greg partially responsible for Rose's demise, explains why she seems to be uncomfortable, condescending and resentful towards him in episodes set in the current time.
In "Chille Tid", Pearl has a dream in which she suggests to Rose that they forget about Greg and explore the galaxy together. Much to her horror, Rose's face turns into Greg's.
"Mr. Greg" goes in depth on their relationship. Pearl expresses her feelings about Greg and Rose's relationship through song while she thinks Greg and Steven are asleep. In this song, Pearl says she feels lost without Rose, and that at first, she was able to stand Greg before Rose fell in love with him. She holds a grudge against him but seems to have given up at a certain point, accepting the fact that Rose had chosen Greg over her. Greg was awake the whole time and after the song is finished, he says that he doesn't think things can ever be normal between them. Steven reveals he brought Pearl with them for the purpose of trying to repair their relationship and sings "Both of You" to show how much they have in common. Their bond shows great improvement throughout the rest of the episode, and at the end, Steven quotes Pearl's song, singing the line "It's over, isn't it?" while watching them laugh with each other, implying Pearl no longer holds Rose's love for Greg against him and the two can finally work towards a good friendship.
Cậu đã đi quá xa rồi!
Pearl không thích Sugilite do cô liều lĩnh và hành động bạo lực. Pearl phải miễn cưỡng thừa nhận rằng cô ghen tị với sức mạnh của Sugilite (trong bài hát), nhưng cô đã cắt ngang câu nói . Cô không thích Sugilite cũng bởi lo lắng Garnet và Amethyst hợp thể quá lâu có thể nguy hiểm cho họ; họ sẽ bắt đầu mất tự chủ . Và cũng vì Pearl mong muốn được cảm thấy mạnh hơn (khi hợp thể thành Sandonyx) .
Những gì chị đã làm, đều vì cô ấy. Giờ cô ấy đã ra đi... nhưng chị vẫn còn ở đây.
Pearl's closest relationship before the series started was with Rose Quartz. Pearl fought with her against their own Homeworld. She (falsely) believed herself to be Rose's "sole confidant" and therefore the only living being privy to all of Rose's secrets, a position she took great pride in. Pearl looked up to Rose for guidance and support, and she developed romantic feelings for Rose over time.
In "Story for Steven", when Rose bragged about Greg's singing, Pearl is quick to note as soon as he is out of earshot that she can also sing, much to the amusement of the other Crystal Gems. "Sworn to the Sword" reveals that she was so devoted to protecting Rose that she sacrificed herself constantly for her, having adopted the human title of a "knight" to heart to the point of obsessive recklessness.
"We Need to Talk" further explores the relationship between the two. Set in the 80's like the previous episode "Story for Steven" it reveals that Pearl was very jealous of Greg, constantly trying to persuade him that Rose's affections for him were just a "phase" because as a human he was eventually going to pass away while Rose, being a Gem, would live on. She also challenges him by convincing Rose to fuse with her in front of Greg, and later gloating that as a human he would never know such intimacy with Rose. Pearl's jealousy of Greg implied that her feelings for Rose were romantic. This was later confirmed by show writer Matt Burnett via a tweet after the episode aired.
It is not currently known to what extent Rose Quartz reciprocated Pearl's romantic feelings, however, when asked if Pearl's feelings for Rose were supposed to be a one-sided crush, Matt Burnett described the situation as "much more complicated". In any case, their relationship was a very close one, as they easily and casually fused into Rainbow Quartz.
In "Chille Tid" Pearl has a dream in which she suggests to Rose that they forget about Greg and explore the galaxy together. In "The Answer", is confirmed that Pearl and Rose have been together since, at least, the year 3734 BCE.
Ban đầu, Pearl coi Sư tử như một con thú hoang, sẽ là một vấn đề khó để Steven nuôi bởi sự nguy hiểm tự nhiên của nó. Dù vậy, trong "Rose's Scabbard", cô nhận ra một cách khó khăn là Lion có liên quan đến Rose's Sword và có liên quan đến Rose. Điều này là do cô nghĩ rằng Rose nói mọi điều cho cô. Sau khi nhận được sự động viên của Steven, cô tôn trọng Lion hơn dù vẫn có hành động tế nhị.
Hãy nhớ rằng, Connie. Trong cuộc chiến nảy lửa, Steven mới quan trọng. Em không quan trọng.
|—"Sworn to the Sword"|
Pearl originally saw Connie as just Steven's friend, but in "Sworn to the Sword", Pearl, initially doubtful, was touched to the point of tears by Connie's passion and willingness to defend Steven, thus mentors her in the art of sword fighting, and related Connie to herself and Steven to Rose during the training. She had begun to teach her the way that she had taught herself; to risk her life to protect Steven. However, Pearl soon learned from her mistake. Now, Pearl thinks that Connie is an expert on sword fighting and that she and Steven can be great knights together.
"Gem Hunt" further shows the trusting mentor-student relationship between Pearl and Connie when the latter accompanies Steven on her first Gem mission. Pearl agrees to leave Connie and Steven to their own devices while they are searching for the Snow Monster and keeps in touch with them via Walkie Talkie, but rushes to their aid as soon as they run into serious trouble.
Tôi phải công nhận rằng, thật phi thường với một Ngọc Trai như cô có thể trở thành... một kỹ thuật gia hiểu biết.
|—Peridot, "Back to the Barn"|
Before the events of "When It Rains" Peridot is perceived as an enemy of Pearl and the Crystal Gems.
Pearl shows great disdain and anger towards Peridot until she came on even terms during the episode "When It Rains" and forms somewhat of an alliance with Peridot. During the events of "Back to the Barn" Pearl is treated as an inferior being to Peridot, as the gemstone pearl is revealed to be a servant class on Homeworld. This causes Pearl to become rather angry at Peridot during the episode, to the point of punching her in the face after Peridot's continuous jabs and belittling. Eventually, the two end up on even terms following the events of the "Robolympics". In Message Received, Pearl officially accepts Peridot as a Crystal Gem. Pearl and Peridot currently seem to be on good terms.
Oh, come on Pearl. You know I can't take it when you cry like that!
When Steven brings Bismuth out of Lion's mane, Pearl is overjoyed and runs up to Bismuth to embrace her. Bismuth then jokes about who Pearl belongs to, which Pearl laughs along with. This shows that they have a strong relationship, as in any other circumstance, being a servant is a sensitive topic for Pearl.
Bismuth learns about the aftermath of the war from Pearl. When Pearl starts to cry, Bismuth tells Pearl that she starts to cry whenever Pearl does, implying they had a close relationship previously. Pearl apologizes, but Bismuth says that it's okay, and they comfort each other.
In general, they appear to be close (at least in comparison to the still extant Crystal Gems), having bonded over their common disregard of the Gem caste system.
Chị hỏi về mái tóc của cô ấy, và rồi cô ấy hỏi chị cách chị nhuộm tóc của mình. Chị nói rằng, "My appearance is just a conscious manifestation of light." và cô ấy nói, "I know how that is." although, heh, I highly doubt it. Oh! Và chị còn thêm rằng, "Nhân tiện, tôi đã cứu hành tinh của bạn, và loài người các bạn, nên không có gì.
|—"Last One Out of Beach City"|
On the night she planned to see a rock show with Steven and Amethyst, Pearl met a mysterious woman and was surprised by her pink hair. She attempted to communicate with her, but failed due to her clumsiness. Steven later pointed out the obvious resemblance between the woman and Rose, and Amethyst realized that Pearl was infatuated with her. The woman later drove by Greg's van and Pearl tried to meet her gaze, blushing red all the while. At the end of the night, the trio managed to arrive at their rock show, which the woman happened to be attending as well. Pearl confidentially spoke to her as herself, and the two discussed their hair colors and the Rebellion. The mysterious woman gave Pearl her phone number, suggesting that she'd like Pearl to call her on the phone sometime.
Pearl được thấy rất sợ Jasper. Khi trạng thái vật lí của Garnet bị hủy hoại bởi Gem Destabilizer của Jasper, Pearl hét lên trong sợ hãi. Trong "Gem Hunt", khi Pearl nhận ra Jasper, cô hét "JASPER" với giọng khiếp sợ và ngay lập tức chĩa giáo vào Jasper.
Pearl đã rất sốc và hào hứng khi gặp Smoky Quartz. Điều này được thấy là vì cô quan tâm đến họ khi hỏi họ các câu hỏi trong tập "Know Your Fusion" trên tư cách Sardonyx.
Tin bên lề
- In the transition from the pilot to the series, Pearl underwent the most drastic change of the three Gems, to the point where she is almost unrecognizable to seasoned viewers seeing the pilot for the first time. Among these changes are:
- Removal of gold ring around her gemstone.
- Removal of earrings (and visible ears altogether).
- Skin color changed (from blue to white).
- Pointier nose.
- Rounder face.
- Slimmer, more cartoonish build.
- Drastically different outfit.
- Different hairstyle, covering ears and pointing backwards instead of forwards.
- Rose-pink hair color to light peach.
- Eye color changed (black to a light blue).
- Removal of hearts on slippers and slipper color changed (dark blue to light blue).
- Higher-pitched voice.
- Different personality (in the pilot, she enjoyed and readily joined Amethyst in heckling Steven).
- Trong "Back to the Barn" được công nhận là có rất nhiều Pearl trên Homeworld. It is also confirmed that the pearl gemstones on Homeworld are considered inferior and as Peridot put it, "Made-to-order servants."
- Trong "Together Breakfast", lộ ra rằng Pearl có một bộ sưu tập kiếm lớn.
- The Gems' fighting styles are based on dancing styles. Pearl's fighting/dancing style is ballet.
- Trong "Fusion Cuisine" Pearl thể hiện rằng mình rất ghét ăn. Cô nói quá trình tiêu hóa làm cô thấy ghê tởm nhất.
- Pearl agrees to consume human food, expresses interest in eating, or admits to a preference for certain foods in "Together Breakfast", "Bubble Buddies", "Serious Steven", and "So Many Birthdays". These episodes all take place before "Steven the Sword Fighter". This could mean that Pearl used to like human food.
- Trong câu trả lời trên Twitter cho một fan, Matt Burnett giải thích rằng Pearl thích quá trình làm bánh hay nướng bánh hơn là thưởng thức chúng .
- Dù vậy, cô được thấy từng sử dụng trà, khi cô đem một ấm trà tới Funland trong "Serious Steven", và khi cô nói về việc tìm hiểu loại trà yêu thích của Connie trong "Bubble Buddies".
- Rebecca Sugar nói rằng Pearl có nhiều điểm giống cô .
- In "Keep Beach City Weird", Pearl shows a reluctance to shapeshifting, and she is the only Crystal Gem who has not shown an ability to shapeshift outside regeneration.
- Pearl's weaponry includes a replicator wand, which is destroyed in "Onion Trade" by Garnet, and currently owns a collection of swords and a battle axe.
- Pearl's ability to store things in her gemstone may be unique for pearls since Peridot did say in "Back to the Barn" that pearls hold "stuff" for the leader assigned to them, more likely for easier accessibility.
- Trong "Steven and the Stevens", cô biết chơi violin.
- It is seen in "Monster Buddies" that Steven keeps a framed picture of Pearl on the side of their fridge. It is later destroyed by the Centipeetle Mother. In "When It Rains", it is revealed that it replaced by a new picture of her in her post-regeneration outfit.
- Pearl appears to have her face on several coin-types.
- Pearl is the first Gem shown to be able to harness energy within their weapon for an attack in "Watermelon Steven".
- In "Lion 3: Straight to Video", Pearl admits that she often watches Steven sleep.
- Though stating during the same episode that Steven no longer wishes her to watch him sleep, she is observed intently watching him sleep when he wakes up from his first dream during "Chille Tid".
- It is confirmed by Steven in "Steven the Sword Fighter" that organizing messes is one of Pearl's favorite hobbies.
- It is revealed in "Reformed" that Pearl was always bothered by Amethyst's crooked shoulder strap.
- Pearl is ambidextrous, shown in "Ocean Gem" where she is able to wield two spears at the same time.
- Rebecca Sugar từng nói trong một cuộc phỏng vấn rằng trong số Crystal Gem Steven biết ít nhất là về Pearl.
- In "Sworn to the Sword", Pearl says she was only a few thousand years old when she began fighting alongside Rose Quartz.
- It was on Earth that Pearl learned of sword fighting.
- In a flashback, it appears that Pearl engaged a gem (similar to Jasper) multiple times for Rose Quartz.
- Pearl's gem represents a cabochon, a gem that has not been faceted but has been polished.
- All of Pearl's fusions have been dubbed Giant Woman or something similar by Steven with the exception of Rainbow Quartz.
- However, this may be due to Steven not being present at the time.
- In most, if not all of her fusions, Pearl seems to be dominant with more features being attributed to her than her fusing partner.
- Lí do Pearl bảo vệ Trái Đất là vì Rose .
- Her lines from the extended opening are "I will fight in the name of Rose Quartz! And everything that she believed in!"
- Pearl finds life jackets very lame, puny, and unnecessary, as shown in "Chille Tid" as they are used to prevent drowning which opposes to pearls being formed underwater.
- Her dancing is similar to how Princess Tutu dances from Princess Tutu.
- Rebecca Sugar has stated Pearl represents the group-dependency stage in the human emotional development spectrum.
- When asked what songs would be on the Crystal Gems' playlists, Rebecca Sugar listed Sunmi's "24 Hours" and William Bolcom's "Graceful Ghost Rag".
- In "Back To The Barn", it is stated that pearls are used as servants on Homeworld who can be "owned".
- In "Too Far", Peridot has stated that Pearl is prone to spontaneously singing and crying.
- This is a tongue in cheek reference to how many characters cry and sing on Steven Universe.
- Aside from Steven, Pearl is the most prone to crying and singing.
- Trong những ngày đầu của cuộc Nổi loạn, Garnet Nhận xét Pearl là "đáng sợ".
- In "Message Received", when Pearl is asked by Steven who Yellow Diamond's Pearl is, she is offended and states that not all pearls know each other.
- Pearl replaces her usual star symbol with a pink diamond on her space suit, as seen in "Space Race" and "Back to the Barn".
- Unlike other pearls, Pearl's gem is oval shaped , big and on the forehead, while Yellow Diamond's Pearl and Blue Diamond's Pearl gems are smaller, round and on the chest. Jasper also refers to pearl as "lost and defective". However, 'defective' might be in reference to her defection to the rebellion, rather than a physical defect.
- According to Aivee Tran and Surasshu, "Pearl’s piano is often written in minor, with blocked chords and gentle jazz influences", as well as an expanded palette of "harp and some pads." 
- It should be noted that, to date, all fusions involving Pearl are in some way multi-colored, thus named after multi-colored gemstones.
- Opal - Color play via diffraction.
- Rainbow Quartz - Metal coating.
- Sardonyx - Multi-colored bands of various colors.
- Alexandrite - Color change due to exposure to different forms of light.
- In "Know Your Fusion", an illustration of Pearl is seen on a "test your strength" device. On this device, Pearl is the weakest one shown, being weaker than Stevonnie, Garnet, Opal and Sugilite.
- She's the character that has sung most of all in the series.
- In "Last One Out of Beach City", Pearl admits that she does not have a license or legal citizenship in the country, fully aware of the absurdity of registering for either, having lived before such systems where installed and being unable to confess she is from space.
- Pearl's clothes in "Last One Out of Beach City" resemble Lauren Zuke's Bad Pearl drawing.
Đá quý học
- A pearl is a hard object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusk. Just like the shell of a clam, a pearl is composed of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form, which has been deposited in concentric layers.
- Pearls being considered lesser gems could be based off the fact that pearls are not "real" gemstones, but are instead organic, being formed by mollusks.
- As organic gemstones, pearls belong to the same group as ammolite, coral, ivory, jet and amber. These are all formed as a result of biological processes.
- Pearl is one of three birthstones for the month of June as adopted by the American National Association of Jewelers in 1912. It is also the birthstone for the Sun Signs of Gemini and Cancer. Pearls are also given on the third and thirteenth anniversaries.
- Pearl is the national gemstone of the Philippines.
- The name "pearl" is said to have originated from the Middle English word "perle", which in turn came from the Latin word "perna", meaning "leg", thought to be due to the ham-leg shape of the bivalve mollusc.
- Pearls vary in color from white to those with a hint of color, often pink, to brown or black. Each coloration will depend on the type of mollusk and the water where the mollusk lived.
- Pearls come in white, off-white, cream, golden, peach, pink, black, silver, lavender, and blue.
- Some pearls exhibit iridescence, which is known as orient. Orient can be predominantly one color such as green or pink, or consist of a rainbow of colors in weak, moderate, or strong appearances.
- The colors of pearls also have sometimes been associated with certain qualities: black or gold with wealth, blue with love, pink with success.
- Pearls have been harvested and cultivated primarily for use in jewelry, but in the past were also used to adorn clothing. They have also been crushed and used in cosmetics, medicines and paint formulations.
- Pearls are thought to give wisdom through experience, to quicken the laws of karma and to cement engagements and love relationships. They are thought to keep children safe.
- Pearls are quite "soft" and range between 2.5 and 4.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Because the nacre is organic, pearls are very sensitive to extreme heat, acids, dryness, and humidity.
- Although pearls are relatively soft, they are extremely compact, which makes them durable and resistant to being crushed.
|Pearl's gemstone is located in the center of her forehead. As seen in "Steven the Sword Fighter", the front and back are symmetrical, and it has a light blue ring around it, which is usually hidden inside her body unless she's regenerating. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets. It's in the shape of a oval.|