Đấy là những gì cậu nghĩ thôi! Tớ là ngọn lửa vĩnh cửu, cưng ạ!
Ruby có da màu đỏ tươi, tròng mắt đỏ tía và tóc màu nâu đỏ thẫm . Cô chỉ hơi cao hơn so với Steven có cơ thể rắn chắc.Cô mặc chiếc áo ba lỗ nâu sẫm và đeo băng bịt đầu cùng màu quanh bộ tóc dày và xốp. Đá quý của cô nằm ở lòng bàn tay trái và có mặt cắt hình vuông.
Khoảng 5,750 năm trước, Ruby từng là lính bộ sống ở Homeworld.
Homeworld đã cố gắng tạo ra một thuộc địa mới trên Trái đất, được giám sát bởi Kim cương lục. Cô là một phần của đội thương thuyết được gửi đi để dừng cuộc nổi loạn của Rose , và là một trong ba Ruby được giao để bảo vệ Sapphire, một đá quý quý tộc với khả năng nhìn thấy tương lai, với mục đích loại bỏ cuộc nổi loạn từ gốc của nó. Khi quân nổi dậy tấn công, 3 Ruby đánh lại để hoàn thành nhiệm vụ của mình, 2 trong số họ đã bị bụp bởi Rose Quartz và Pearl trước khi quay sang Sapphire.
Trước khi bị bụp, Sapphire cảm ơn Ruby vì đã phục vụ mình, khiến Ruby nhận ra rằng Sapphire sẽ chết. Không chấp nhận điều đó, Ruby đẩy Sapphire sang một bên để bảo vệ Sapphire khỏi lưỡi kiếm của Pearl và khiến cả hai hợp nhất thành Garnet, điều này làm thay đổi dự đoán của Sapphire. They immediately defused and were surrounded by an angry crowd. Furious that Ruby interfered with the outcome of the battle (and participating in an unsanctioned fusion with a member of her court), Blue Diamond ordered that she be shattered. However, Sapphire nắm tay Ruby và nhảy ra khỏi Cloud Arena và đáp xuống Trái Đất.
Ruby was distraught that she was unable to protect Sapphire. When it began to rain, she carried Sapphire to a cave for shelter, where she saw Sapphire's single eye for the first time. The two talked about their experience and feelings being fused as Garnet.
Ruby and Sapphire grew closer and eventually decided to fuse again. Garnet was found by Pearl and Rose shortly after forming. Upon being met with acceptance and not revulsion, she began to bombard Rose with questions about the events and circumstances that allowed her to become Garnet, as well as her own feelings about existing as a fusion. Rose told her to "never question this", and said that she was already the answer to all her questions—love. This would be the beginning of Ruby's existence as part of Garnet for the next few millennia, fighting the Gem Homeworld with the Crystal Gems to protect Earth.
Ruby can't avoid the inevitable. She's just letting her emotions get out of hand.
|—Sapphire, "Keystone Motel"|
Ruby mainly embodies Garnet's strength and courage, while Sapphire embodies Garnet's cool nature and calm under pressure. Ruby is extremely passionate and emotional. She is known to have a short temper and violent ways of exhibiting her anger; this is best seen in "Keystone Motel", when she is infuriated to the point of using her thermokinesis and boiled the motel pool, even summoning her weapon at The Best Diner in the World. Despite her wild emotions, Ruby is still very willing to admit when she has taken her anger too far and will admit when she is in the wrong. She seems to put the welfare of Sapphire above all else, doing everything to find her and immediately made sure that Sapphire was well. When Garnet is extremely disturbed, Ruby also appears to show the most visible reaction in comparison to Sapphire. This is best demonstrated in "Keeping it Together" when Garnet's left eye began crying. After poofing the big Cluster prototype, Ruby and Sapphire start conversing with each other through their respective sides of Garnet, Ruby arguing that the forced fusion experiments are Homeworld's retaliation against the Crystal Gems for their rebellion. While Sapphire shakily tries to calm themselves from this revelation, Ruby is clearly angered at the revelation of Homeworld's experiments and became hysterical.
When not angry, Ruby is a suave romantic, soft with words, and quite flirtatious towards Sapphire. When she channels her emotion on love rather than on rage, she can be affectionate and extremely caring, feeling the need to protect, and even cool down for those whom she truly loves. These moments of calm also bring out the playful tease inside her, which is for the most part trapped under her wild emotions. Ruby also places much value in trust and fusion, being absolutely outraged with Pearl when she learns she was tricked into fusing into Sardonyx. She appears to be a bad conversationalist, occasionally speaking in somewhat unintelligible mumbles, a trait which she carries onto Garnet.
In "The Answer" it is seen that Ruby originally has very little sense of self-preservation or individuality, willing to take the blame for fusing with Sapphire and is content with her own inevitable destruction, arguing that there are "tons of her" in reference to the various identical Rubies found on Homeworld. She still possesses this to an extent as seen in "Jail Break" when she is only worried about Sapphire and said "Who cares?" when Sapphire asked if she is hurt.
In "Hit the Diamond", she is more calm and collected in terms of her anger than she had been in the past, but she seemed to get really nervous when she didn't know what to do. She is also seen to be bad at lying under pressure, giving the Rubies the idea to search the barn. Her romantic nature is also on full display when she spends most of the game flirting with Sapphire to the point it affects the Crystal Gems chances of winning. It is only when Steven talks to her that she focuses on the game and pushes Sapphire to do the same.
Như các đá quý khác, Ruby có thể thay đổi hình dạng, triệu hồi vũ khí, biến vào đá quý để hồi phục, thích ứng với mọi môi trường trọng lực. Ruby được thấy mang phần lớn sức mạnh của Garnet, như khi cô làm rung phòng giam của mình với chỉ một đấm, nâng Sapphire lên mà không tạo ra đến một lỗi nhỏ trong "Jail Break", và dễ dàng lật một chiếc bàn ăn trong "Keystone Motel".Ruby có thể hợp thể với các đá quý khác.
- Ruby hợp thể với Sapphire tạo thành Garnet.
- Garnet hợp thể với Amethyst tạo thành Sugilite.
- Garnet hợp thể với Pearl và Amethyst tạo thành Alexandrite.
- Garnet hợp thể với Pearl tạo thành Sardonyx.
- Khi hợp thể với các Ruby khác tạo thành một Ruby lớn hơn .
- Thông thạo găng tay sắt: Through sheer anger and feeling the need to release it through violence, Ruby can summon a gauntlet like Garnet's. Although only seen once, it is clear that Ruby possesses some knowledge of how to use it.
Khả năng riêng
- Tăng nhiệt độ: Ruby có thể tăng nhiệt độ và tạo nhiệt. This is shown in "Keystone Motel" when her body gets so hot that it begins burning the carpet of the motel room, and when she boils the pool to nothing but steam in a very short amount of time. It is shown to be related to Ruby's emotional state, as the ability manifested itself when she got furious in the aforementioned episode and when she felt infatuated in "The Answer," as she set the grass beneath her ablaze when Sapphire thanked her. In "Hit the Diamond," another Ruby was so enraged at her team's potential loss that she set a baseball ablaze.
- Pyrokinetic Touch: Ruby đốt cháy những thứ cô chạm vào tùy theo mức độ giận dữ của cô. This is shown in "The Answer," where Ruby accidentally sets fire to the grass beneath her the minute she got upset, and "Hit the Diamond" where another Ruby angrily throws a ball, setting it on fire.
- Chịu nhiệt: Dù khả năng này chưa xuất hiện chính thức, nhưng nó đã được xác nhận rằng lý do duy Garnet có thể bơi trong dung nham là nhờ Ruby.
- Enhanced Density: As seen in Keystone Motel, Ruby can walk underwater.
Các mối quan hệ
Tớ không nghĩ rằng cậu ngốc!
|—Sapphire, "Keystone Motel"|
Ruby and Sapphire have a romantic relationship, shown in "Jail Break", when she immediately panics when realizing that the two have been separated and becomes reckless trying to find her, trying to pass through the energy field (as hinted by the screams of pain heard at the beginning), running around without checking if Peridot and Jasper are around and loudly shouting for Sapphire whenever she stops singing. When she finds Sapphire, the two embrace and Sapphire kisses away Ruby's tears, showing their romantic relationship. Ruby cares strongly for Sapphire's well-being, as she expressed deep concern for possible injury. Garnet's dialogue in "Love Letters" implies that Ruby and Sapphire's relationship developed gradually over a period of time. "Keystone Motel" reveals that their relationship can be strained at times due to Sapphire's precognition, causing her to be preoccupied with the outcome of events, instead of the events as they happen. This puts her at odds with the passionate Ruby, who very much lives "in the moment". In this episode, Ruby was furious over Pearl's deception in "Cry for Help", but Sapphire was not because she had seen that in the future they would all get along again. This greatly irritated Ruby, as she felt that Sapphire was acting cold, uncaring, emotionless and distant. By the end of the episode, she sees how much the ordeal affected Sapphire and, realizing that being furious is helping nobody, apologized for her behavior.
In "Hit the Diamond", the two unfused for a baseball game to protect Peridot. During the game, the two get distracted and start flirting, which causes them to almost lose. Steven tells the two to cut it out, which they begrudgingly do. When Sapphire states that all she wants to look at is Ruby, Ruby encourages Sapphire to focus on the ball, stating that she can look at her when she is running for home. When Sapphire gets a home run, she runs to hug Ruby and they accidentally fuse, despite being counter-intuitive to the plan of keeping Peridot and the Crystal Gems secret.
But I think they'd work it out if they'd just talk to each other!
|—Steven, "Keystone Motel"|
At first, Ruby seems distant towards Steven, only focusing on finding and forming Garnet with Sapphire as soon as possible. In reality, Ruby cares deeply for Steven, as hinted when she tries to tell him not to put his hand through the force field for his own safety, and cried along with Sapphire when they rescued Steven from suffocating in space in "Bubbled". Garnet also says that both her and Sapphire had already loved Steven when he asks if he made a good first impression. She is also upset by the fact that their plan of revealing themselves on Steven's birthday had failed, apparent when she says to Steven, "Oh, great! This is just perfect!" and "Don't look at me!" In "Keystone Motel", she obliges in Steven's attempts to calm her down, and upon seeing how Steven was affected by her and Sapphire fighting, Ruby and Sapphire both felt very guilty and made up. In "Hit the Diamond" when Steven tells Ruby to "stop being cute" to focus on the game, Ruby does so, showing she respects Steven enough to listen to him.
You met Ruby and Sapphire?!
|—Amethyst, "Jail Break"|
Pearl and Amethyst have been aware of Garnet's true identities for several millennia. Their perception of the two while separated remains unknown, but given their good relationship with Garnet, it can be assumed it is a positive one. Ruby holds a great deal of trust and respect for their teammates and becomes furious when Pearl betrays that trust in "Cry for Help".
This is punishment for the rebellion!
|—Garnet, "Keeping it Together"|
Upon encountering the Cluster Gems, Ruby and Sapphire are both disturbed to the point of almost unfusing. While Ruby reacted with the most verbal anger and outrage at what Gem Homeworld had done to their fallen friends, it is Garnet's right eye that started crying, indicating that Ruby is especially saddened. Bản mẫu:Clear
I don't feel like forgiving Pearl!
|—Garnet, "Keystone Motel"|
Not much is known about the relationship between Ruby and Pearl, except during "Keystone Motel", where Ruby feels used after Pearl tricked Garnet to fuse with her by rebuilding the Communication Hub twice. Ruby is very angry by this, which contrasted Sapphire's opinion of wanting to forgive Pearl, even leading to them unfusing.
Ôi trời... Còn người kia đâu?
|—Greg, "Keystone Motel"|
Không rõ về mối quan hệ giữa cô và Greg, nhưng Greg có vẻ đã biết Garnet chính là hợp thể giữa, Ruby và Sapphire, and considering most humans are not close enough to her to know this knowledge, this, at least, shows he knows her rather well.
Not much is known about the relationship between them. In "The Answer", Blue Diamond is outraged at Ruby and Sapphire for fusing. She states that Ruby will be "broken" before Sapphire runs off with Ruby.
Các tập xuất hiện
Tin bên lề
- Mặc dù chính thức xuất hiện trong "Jail Break", thực lần đầu cô xuất hiện là trong "Fusion Cuisine" cùng với Sapphire.
- Khi Alexandrite bị tách ra, bóng của Ruby và Sapphire được nhìn thấy. Phần bên trái của "Garnet" là Ruby, và phần bên phải của "Garnet" là Sapphire. Cả hai đã nhanh chóng hợp nhất trước khi rơi xuống mặt đất.
- Garnet và các Crystal Gem khác đã lên kế hoạch chờ đến sinh nhật Steven để giới thiệu Ruby và Sapphire cho cậu.
- Khi được hỏi có phải Ruby bị mù không, Joe Johnston đã giải thích rằng " do thường xuyên hợp thể với Sapphire nên Ruby cũng cùng sử dụng hai loại khả năng nhìn thấy tương lai ."
- Ruby possibly has her own room in the Crystal Temple, as the Temple Gate has a red gemstone and a blue gemstone that Garnet opens simultaneously.
- Hầu hết các biểu hiện của Garnet đến từ Ruby; kể cả khi Garnet khóc, nước mắt của cô chảy từ mắt trái (con mắt màu đỏ) là phần của Ruby.
- Ruby khóc khi gặp lại Sapphire trong "Jail Break" trong khi Sapphire khá là bình tĩnh trong "Keeping it Together" khi gặp Cluster Gem.
- Ruby là đá quý tháng sinh của Rebecca Sugar.
- During times of great conflict of opinion, she and Sapphire can talk to each other individually through Garnet, as shown in "Keeping it Together" and "Keystone Motel".
- Ruby nặng hơn nước, và vì thế, cô chìm xuống bể bơi trong "Keystone Motel".
- Theo Peridot, các Đá quý có khả năng điều chỉnh trọng lực giúp họ có thể trôi hay thích nghi với mọi trọng lực của các hành tinh.
- Ruby's thermoregulation of directly raising the temperature opposes Sapphire's thermoregulation of lowering the temperature, representing their polar opposite personalities.
- Ruby's ability to raise the temperature is somewhat of a pun, being that in "Keystone Motel", where Ruby is quite literally letting off steam, and acting like a "hothead". This is also shown when Sapphire says, "She'll eventually just burn herself out."
- Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is a riff of the phrase, "fire and ice."
- Garnet's electrical manipulation stems from Ruby and Sapphire's combined abilities, as thunderstorms can result from the formation of masses of cold and warm air.
- Ruby (cũng như các Ruby khác) có vị trí thấp trong tầng lớp Đá quý, nhưng trong thực tế, Ruby cũng hiếm và khó kiếm như kim cương, có thể Ruby bị nhầm lẫn với Spinel, một loại đá quý phổ biến có số lượng lớn thường được tìm thấy ở vùng khí hậu nóng.
- More proof of that is that actual rubies have a bright red or bloody pink colors, while spinel have a yellow-sh tone of red.
- Although Ruby's gemstone is in her left palm, she is shown summoning her gauntlet on her right hand.
- Ruby's gemstone cut is a square while Sapphire's is a triangle. While triangles are self-sustaining in that each side of a triangle supports the other two, squares are not (i.e. a free-formed square can be changed into a rhombus without stretching or contracting sides). This could be a metaphor for Ruby being the hotheaded counterpart to Sapphire, as she is shown to "collapse" easily as well.
- According to Garnet in "The Answer", Ruby and Sapphire met 5,750 years ago.
- Ruby's instrument has been confirmed to be "a crude waveform in between a square and a saw wave." 
- In addition, her instrument was reverse-engineered from Garnet's as seen in "Keystone Motel."
- Ruby's gauntlet greatly resembles the anti-hero Hellboy's "Right Hand of Doom".
- Ruby và Sapphire được dựa trên mối quan hẹ của Ian Jones-Quartey và Rebecca Sugar.
- Thực tế, Ruby biết nhiều Fusion nhất trong các Crystal Gem.
Đá quý học
- Rubies are composed of a material known as corundum, the second hardest crystal structure after diamond (9,10 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness).
- Since ruby is a member of the corundum group, it is closely related to sapphire and thus shares some properties with it, such as hardness, composition, and double refraction.
- In its pure form, corundum is colorless. The red color of rubies is due to chromium impurities.
- Rubies are the most expensive colored stone, going by carat.
- The word “ruby” comes from the Latin ‘ruber’ meaning red and, like many other gemstones, the ruby’s symbolic meaning is heavily dependent on its coloring.
- Natural ruby is one of four “precious” gemstones (including diamond, emerald, and sapphire), known for its rarity, monetary value, and hardness (second only to diamond).
- Natural ruby can be distinguished from synthetic ruby by its inclusions; natural ruby typically exhibits inclusions, whereas synthetic ruby tends to be eye clean.
- The color of ruby is its most important quality factor. The most sought after color is a strong pure red to red with a hint of blue, called pigeon's blood.
- The vivid red color of ruby means that it is associated with desire, and it is thought by some to be a stone of love with an aphrodisiac effect.
- When the color of ruby is too light, it is classified as pink sapphire, but the line between pinkish-red ruby and pink sapphire varies by region.
- The ruby is closely associated with aspects such as vitality, life, passion and fire, all of which can be symbolically linked to the color red.
- This shows in Ruby's emotional temperaments and overall emotional/angry attitude as well as her strength.
- It is said that rubies can over-stimulate people who are sensitive or irritable.
- Ruby is the traditional birthstone of those born in July and is also the zodiacal stone for leo.
- Ruby is also used to celebrate the fifteenth and fortieth wedding anniversaries.
- The day assigned to Ruby is Tuesday (hence the Rolling Stones song, "Ruby Tuesday").
- The planet Mars is famously known as “the red planet”, due to the high concentration of iron oxide (basically rust) on its surface. Rubies, along with all of the aspects mentioned above, have been linked with Mars in one form or another.
- Ruby is the national gemstone of Burma and Thailand.
|Ruby has a red stone in her left palm. It has a square aspect, the front and back are symmetrical, and it has a light pink ring around it, which is usually hidden inside her body, except when she is regenerating. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|